Customized Tools for Space Analysis
Space is a novel but increasingly important environment requiring pioneering tools and technologies to support space-related endeavors and assess space-related systems.
ARA offers a number of a space technologies and tools:
- Space ISR (SISR) Simulation is a dynamic mission level model of Intelligence, Surveillance, and Reconnaissance (ISR) and communications in an easy-to-use-framework with multiple sensor fidelity. It provides ISR tasking over an area against time sensitive targets via SATCOM. SISR Simulation offers flexible scenario generation and a virtual model mode for integration.
- The Holistic Optical Reduction Utility for SSA (HORUS) tool provides image calibration from a star catalog. SSA image processing and data extraction was delivered on NASA’s Transiting Exoplanet Survey Satellite (TESS).
- Communication prediction for communication situational awareness supports mission planning and execution through an easy-to-use model that verifies the reliability of voice and data.
- SSA 2030+: ARA is addressing the requirements for SSA over the next 10 years given the explosion of “New Space” efforts including the expansion of human activity out to the moon and beyond.
- The space-mission users of the Advanced Framework for Simulation, Integration, and Modeling (AFSIM) space model required improved prediction of image quality for creating realistic Space Intelligence, Surveillance, and Reconnaissance (ISR) simulations with realistic constraints. ARA improved measurement of key image quality components by implementing the General Image Quality Equation (GIQE) method, increasing the number of key image quality assessments accomplished. Combining that information to leverage strengths in areas such as image sharpness and scale, challenge areas such as image noise become less important to determining the overall quality. Actual imagery from ISR satellite sensors were analyzed to estimate the parameters pertinent to the GIQE method to yield higher fidelity and more accurate metric of image quality.