AASHTOWare Pavement ME Design
Each year, transportation agencies spend more than $20 billion in Federal funds to improve roadway pavements in the United States. Public and private pavement engineers need pavement design and analysis tools to support highway decision-makers, academia and consultants to improves the design and performance of roadway pavements.
AASHTOWare Pavement ME Design is the next generation of AASHTOWare® pavement design software, which builds upon the mechanistic-empirical pavement design guide, and expands and improves the features in the accompanying prototype computational software. ME Design supports AASHTO”s Mechanistic-Empirical Pavement Design Guide, Interim Edition: A Manual of Practice. ME Design is a production-ready software tool to support the day-to-day pavement design functions of public and private pavement engineers.
The Pavement ME Deflection Data Analysis and Backcalculation Tools is a standalone software program that can be used to generate backcalculation inputs to the AASHTO Pavement ME Design software for rehabilitation design. The tool is capable of analyzing raw deflection data files obtained from Falling Weight Deflectometer (FWD) testing devices, backcalculating in-place elastic layer moduli for flexible and rigid pavements and generating inputs for performing rehabilitation design using Pavement ME. It can also be used to perform loss of support analysis and load transfer efficiency (LTE) calculations.
Pavement ME Design includes several tools to assist the pavement engineer:
- DRIP performs hydraulic design computations for the subsurface drainage analysis of pavements;
- XML Validator checks for most of the errors present in the xml files. It can also check for recommended ranges for data values;
- MapME creates ME Design project files (DGPX) seeded with geospatially-referenced information relevant to the analysis and design of your pavement;
- File and analysis APIs Tools include JULEA and ICM;
- Calibration Assistance helps with local calibration efforts so the user can determine whether there is any bias in the predictions; establish the cause of any bias if found through the calibration process; and optimize the calibration coefficient of the transfer function(s) for each distress to eliminate bias and minimize the standard error of the estimate;
- rePave Scoping Tool provides guidance for deciding where and under what conditions to use existing pavement as part of roadway renewal projects; and
- Backcalculation Tool generates backcalculation inputs from Falling Weight Deflectometer (FWD) files to the AASHTO Pavement ME Design software for rehabilitation design. The tool is capable of analyzing raw deflection data files from three FWD testing devices: Dynatest®, JILS and KUAB. The tool provides three major functions: pre-processing deflection data (including project segmentation), backcalculation, and post-processing of results to generate inputs for Pavement ME rehabilitation design. This tool uses the EVERCALC® algorithm for the iterative backcalculation process. This tool can also be licensed separately.