3D Blast provides quick calculation and visualization of blast loads on different building shapes for an open-air explosion of a bare hemispherical charge. Given the dimensions of a building and the size and location of an explosive device, the program estimates the pressure and impulse distribution on the building facade and maps the results to the 3D model. The resulting model may be rotated to a desired orientation, zoomed in specific areas, zoomed out for perspective, and probed for loads at a selected location.
Specific features of 3D Blast include the ability to:
- Quickly develop models by selecting a building shape and dragging values on the building footprint
- Display results on a full color 3D model of the structure
- Generate a report in MS Word (Office 365 compatible) detailing the inputs and results, including 3D load engulfment models.
- Quickly switch between English and Metric units
- Interact with results in 3D view (pan, rotate, zoom, query)
- Copy and/or print all output
The program currently contains nine building footprints for analysis:
The 3D BLAST software will run on most standard “off the shelf” Windows computer and must have Microsoft Word installed. The software is compatible with Windows XP, 7, 8, or 10. The 3D BLAST software may be installed by a standard user without administrative privileges. The software cannot run on a server.
The 3D BLAST software must be installed on a virtual windows environment for Apple computers.