ARC4: Augmented Reality Command Control Communicate and Coordinate
ARC4 RECON is advanced augmented reality (AR) technology that delivers heads-up tactical situational awareness, day or night.
ARC4 features visualization of geo-registered information to provide real-time situational awareness for outdoor, on-the-move applications. Rather than looking down at a 2D map or smartphone device, the user sees virtual icons overlaid on their real-world view with their head up and eyes out on the environment.
ARC4 is an AR fusion engine that incorporates advanced head tracking sensors and algorithms, network management software, and an intuitive user interface.
It enables personnel teams to perform tasks with high awareness of their surroundings, in close coordination with each other, and with enhanced safety and speed. The icons allow the user to track targets, friendlies, routes, waypoints, and more, and ARC4 integrates with battlefield management systems such as ATAK.
ARC4 interfaces to daytime heads-up displays and night-vision goggles. It’s currently in use by the Air Force Special Operations Command, U.S. Army Rangers, and the 1st Special Forces Group, and is currently deployed to Southwest Asia Theater of operations.
The U.S. Army awarded Applied Research Associates, Inc. (ARA) a sole-source contract in January to integrate its patent-protected state-of-the-art Augmented Reality software (ARC4: Augmented Reality, Command, Control, Communicate, Coordinate) into current and future Army vision systems and Army vision device displays.
ARC4 RECON is Ready
- Delivers heads-up tactical situational awareness day or night
- Incorporates sensing, processing, and AR rendering in a rail-mount form factor
- Commercial off the shelf
- Multiple active clients and deployments
Typical Equipment Setup
- ARC4 Recon Device, with Peltor mount if needed
- Helmet cable
- Black Diamond/Glenair Hub and cables
- Battle Management Program such as ATAK/ATAK-Civ with the Heads up display (HUD) plugin
Find Out More
- The Heads up display ATAK Plugin is used for gathering and filtering ATAK data
- ARC4 Recon works in conjunction with Black Diamond or Glenair networking hubs