FEATURED OFFICE - Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Baton Rouge is a hub for the young technical talent that ARA requires to continue to create innovative solutions to complex problems. Our temperate weather and warm Southern hospitality makes everyone feel at home in the “Red Stick.” With over 300 years of history and culture, Baton Rouge has picturesque views of the Mississippi river, exceptional culinary traditions, and a diverse calendar of events and festivals year-round.
8550 United Plaza Blvd., Ste. 901 • Baton Rouge, LA 70809 • Tel: 225-341-1052
What We Do
At our Baton Rouge office, we are wholly focused on software development, primarily in the domains of national defense and homeland security. We use a variety of technologies and platforms to solve complex problems that involve the intensive use of algorithms, modeling, data science, machine learning, artificial intelligence, and computer science. We routinely partner with domain experts to create solutions to previously impossible problems by fusing new data sources, novel algorithms, and an exceptional user experience. Our team has worked on projects like:
- Medical response to mass casualty events
- Organizing the world’s largest collection of identity and travel documents
- Modeling the Navy’s HR system
At the Baton Rouge office, we are always looking for new talent to promote upward and onward. We primarily recruit from the city’s universities and are particularly interested in colleagues that have previously worked (professionally or at school) with current Baton Rouge employees. A good attitude, self-driven approach, and strong problem-solving skills are more important to our team than any specific experience.
ARA is seeking future employee-owners experienced in one or more of the following areas:
- Software development using React, .Net core, and AWS for web applications, mobile applications, and desktop applications
- Veterans with software development experience
At ARA, our software development team is made up of a dynamic group of young professionals, pre- and post-graduates from the Baton Rouge area. This diverse blend of fresh talent and experienced minds brings a unique energy and perspective to our customers. Our developers are highly motivated and are constantly seeking out new challenges and opportunities to enhance their skills. They are dedicated to delivering innovative software solutions that exceed the expectations of our clients. With a passion for technology and a drive to succeed, our developers work tirelessly to stay on the cutting edge of the industry and bring the latest advancements to our clients.
Outside of work, the team enjoys bonding over trivia nights, where they can showcase their knowledge and have some fun together. Their hard work and commitment to excellence, combined with a supportive and social working environment, are at the core of our company’s success and are the foundation upon which ARA is built.
The team is expanding rapidly, as the demand for their services continues to grow. This growth is a testament to their skills, passion, and dedication to their work. ARA is proud to have such a talented and dedicated team of software developers and designers who are driving the company’s success and helping to shape the future of technology.
Baton Rouge is an ideal location to work and play. Notable facts about the area:
- In 1699, French explorer Iberville was traveling up the Mississippi River and spied a bloodied, red pole on the shore. The “red stick” was marking the boundaries between hunting grounds of two Native American tribes. He named the location Le Bâton Rouge, or the “red stick.”
- Baton Rouge (home of Louisiana State University) is one of the premier college football tailgating destinations in the nation.
- At 450 feet tall and 34 stories, the state capitol is the tallest in the nation.
- Baton Rouge was founded by French settlers and has a world-renowned culinary tradition.
- The Baton Rouge area owes its historical importance to its strategic site upon the Istrouma Bluff, the first natural bluff upriver from the Mississippi River Delta at the Gulf of Mexico.
- Baton Rouge has been ruled by seven different governments: French, British, and Spanish in the colonial era, the Republic of West Florida, as a United States territory, a Confederate state, and the United States.
- The city of Baton Rouge is a major industrial, petrochemical, medical, research, motion picture, and growing technology center of the American South.
ARA on Forbes’ Annual List of Best Employers
Many companies say their employees are their greatest asset. At ARA, we don’t just say it; we live it every day by fulfilling our purpose to provide a work environment that challenges and rewards our efforts, provides opportunities for us to grow, and allows us to pursue work we are passionate about.
Check out how ARA ranks among mid-sized Aerospace & Defense companies in Forbes’ annual list of best employers.