FEATURED OFFICE - Raleigh, NC
8537 Six Forks Road • Suite 600 • Raleigh, NC 27615-6545 • United States • Tel: 919-582-3300
What We Do
At ARA’s Raleigh offices, we perform a wide variety of technical work ranging from advanced modeling and simulation to augmented reality to intelligence support. Here we will embrace your strengths and help you grow them through mentorship with more senior staff, as we work with the latest and greatest technology. Our advanced capabilities include:
- Advanced Modeling & Simulation Systems
- Nuclear Environments & Systems Assessment
- Intelligence, Surveillance, & Reconnaissance
- Special Operations Services
- Operations & Research Services
- Analytics, Cloud & Edge Solutions
Additionally, our Facilities include:
- Cleared, SAP, and SCIF facilities
- SEI CMMI Level 3
- Sensors Lab
- Government owned/ARA Operated Test Sites
To see current openings, go to: www.ara.com/careers
In the Office
Our offices are rapidly growing, and we are passionate about inclusion and diversity in our workplace. We value our people and embrace a collaborative, team-oriented atmosphere in which every individual voice matters. We hold monthly meetings to recognize new hires, celebrate each other’s successes, and learn what our colleagues are working on. We also understand the need for flexibility during the COVID-19 Pandemic and can support remote work for certain roles.
At ARA, we look not only for the right skills, but also for a cultural fit. We seek colleagues who will contribute to the unique culture that makes ARA such a great place to work. Some of the social impact aspects we have implemented at our division include monthly get-togethers, team outings to local baseball games in the summer, board game lunches, holiday party, corn hole tournaments, chili cook-offs, community volunteer events, and more.
ARA offers a competitive salary (DOE), Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP) & 401(k) with matching program, our benefits package includes medical, dental, vision, flex spending, telehealth services, company-paid life & disability insurance including paid maternity disability leave through our company-paid short-term disability benefit, domestic partner coverage, dependent care flex spending, pet insurance, relocation opportunities, floating holidays, tuition reimbursement, professional development as well as flexible schedules with remote/work from home options. Our local Raleigh, NC office also provides access to a cafeteria and a free gym for employees.
In the Community
Outside of the office, ARA employee-owners are highly involved in our communities and support a variety of charity organizations like Warmth for Wake and Women’s Shelter and are frequently represented at area networking and hiring events.
ARA is passionate about inclusion and diversity in our workplace, and in 2018 40% of our new employees voluntarily self-identified as protected veterans. (Source-AAP EOY 2018 Veterans Data Collection Report). Additionally, we initiated the Women’s Initiative Network (WIN) whose purpose is to motivate, support, and encourage professional career development for women in order to maximize career and professional accomplishments.
Where We Live
Neighborhoodscout provides a broad range of information about NC as well as Raleigh specific information on crime, schools, real estate & demographics.
The NC School Report Cards site provides information about school-and district-level data in a number of areas. These include student performance and academic growth, school and student characteristics, and many other details.
Get Offline is a great resource to find upcoming events in the area!
Budgeting your Move to Raleigh
This cost of living calculator may help you to compare cost of living in Raleigh with your current city.
Awards & Accolades
- #3 Among Best Business Climates (Large) in the U.S. (Raleigh-Cary MSA)
– August 2023, Business Facilities
- #1 Among Top 50 Fastest-Growing Airports in the U.S. (RDU International Airport)
– According to information provided by the airlines, July 2023
- Among College Towns With Class (Raleigh)
– Marietta Daily Journal, June 2023
- #12 Among The South’s Best Cities 2023 (Raleigh)
– Southern Living, March 2023
- #8 Among Best-value Cities to Visit in the U.S. (Raleigh)
– The Times, March 2023
- #3 Among America’s Happiest Cities (Raleigh)
– Men’s Health, November 2022
- #3 Among STEM Job Growth Index (Raleigh)
– RCLCO, November 2022
- #9 Among Safest Cities in America (Raleigh)
– WalletHub, October 2022
- #4 Among 50 Best Places to Live in the U.S. (Raleigh)
– Money, October 2022
- #2 Among The South’s Best Cities on the Rise 2022
– Southern Living, September 2022
- #1 Among Best Cities for Working Women
– Apartment List, March 2022
- Among Best U.S. Cities for Creatives (That You Can Actually Afford to Live In) (Raleigh)
– Thrillist, January 2022
- Among Top 50 Boomtowns Nationwide (Cary)
– SmartAsset, November 2021
- #3 Among Large Airports For Customer Satisfaction (Raleigh-Durham International Airport)
– J.D. Power List, September 2021
- Among 2021’s Best Cities for Gamers (Raleigh)
– WalletHub, July 2021
- #3 Among Safest Large Cities (Raleigh)
– AdvisorSmith, July 2021
- #1 Among Safest Midsize Cities (Cary)
– AdvisorSmith, July 2021
- Among America’s Best Cities (Raleigh)
– Best Cities, June 2021
- #1 Among America’s Best Places to Live in 2021 (Raleigh)
– Bankrate, January 2021
Source: Visit Raleigh
Where to Eat:
Where to Listen:
What to See:
For the Kids:
ARA on Forbes’ Annual List of Best Employers
Many companies say their employees are their greatest asset. At ARA, we don’t just say it; we live it every day by fulfilling our purpose to provide a work environment that challenges and rewards our efforts, provides opportunities for us to grow, and allows us to pursue work we are passionate about.
Check out how ARA ranks among mid-sized Aerospace & Defense companies in Forbes’ annual list of best employers.