ARA: Supporting the Warfighter for 40 years
At Applied Research Associates, Inc. (ARA), national defense is at the heart of what we do.
ARA has a proud 40-year history of supporting the warfighter in all aspects, from advanced technology development to operational support, offering mission-critical solutions that help secure our world.
ARA’s team of scientists and engineers consistently offers innovative technologies and solutions to solve our customers’ toughest problems, leveraging our expertise in a wide range of contingencies ranging from military operations to terrorist attacks to battlefield medicine.
With more than 1,300 employee-owners at locations throughout the U.S. and in Canada, ARA offers a broad range of technical capabilities and is ready to serve. Some of ARA’s national security work includes:
- ARC4: Advanced augmented reality technology for outdoor on-the-move applications. ARC4 allows users to see geo-registered icons overlaid on their real-world view, improving situational awareness on the battlefield.
- Team Polaris MRZR X: An evolving, robotics capable, multi-mission platform integrating autonomy and modernized capabilities into combat fleet vehicles.
- Pathfinder: Sensor Technology for affordable, actionable, and undetectable wide area surveillance.
- Technical Reachback: The Technical Reachback team, staffed by more than 30 subject matter experts from ARA, directly supports warfighters and emergency responders with rapid and relevant chemical, biological, radiological, nuclear, and explosives (CBRNE) technical expertise 24 hours a day, seven days a week, 365 days a year.
- ASCEND: Synthetic environment data technology that streamlines the source-to-operator pipeline.
- ARA Expeditionary Warfare Consortium: Rapid prototyping to meet the expeditionary warfare needs of the Naval Surface Warfare Center.
- Blast Load Assessment Sense and Test (BLAST): Modeling of the complex relationship between the intensity of a blast event and the severity of the associated injury through integration of experimental data from animal studies with human exposure data from operational and training events.
- Sentinel© Integrated Base Defense Security System: ARA's highly scalable integrated system for protection of large areas, providing all-weather, day/night large area intrusion detection and immediate visual assessment.
Could ARA’s technical experts help support your next mission? Learn more about our national defense capabilities at www.ara.com/national-security.
One way ARA ensures it remains at the leading edge is by hiring the best and the brightest. ARA, an employee-owned company, provides excellent benefits and a challenging work environment where we bring together employees of diverse backgrounds to enhance the innovation of the solutions we provide our customers.
Want to join our team? Visit www.ara.com/join-us to learn more.