Non-Pyrotechnic Diversionary Device (NPDD)
ARA's Non-Pyrotechnic Diversionary Device (NPDD) is a combined flash-bang and concussive force diversionary device that can be used in potentially explosive, hazardous, or unknown environments. The NPDD combines the use of a compressed CO2 cylinder and a replaceable bursting cap to provide a >165dB impulse noise combined with a 0.5psi concussive force — a sound intensity and concussive force comparable to traditional pyrotechnic flash-bang devices. A replaceable battery provides energy for instantaneous discharge through a bank of LEDs to provide a debilitating flash and induce flash blindness.
The ARA NPDD is a reusable device. Each deployment only requires an expendable, low-cost bursting cap, battery, and CO2 cylinder. A re-loading tool (included with each NPDD device) allows the user to quickly and easily re-deploy the device between uses.
Because of the inherent safety of the ARA NPDD, the device can be used in both training environments as well as operational environments with no difference in deployment procedures.
Non-Pyrotechnic – Reduced risk of injury in potentially explosive or human-occupied areas
- Reusable device with low-cost expendable parts for each deployment
- Fits standard grenade pouch carriers
- Comparable performance to traditional flash-bang devices
- Simple and easy reloading operation
- Weight (with CO2 and batteries): 20.8 ounces
- Height: 6.0 inches
- Width: 2.5 inches
- Power Source: CR123A primary battery
- Immersion: 66 feet for one hour
- Peak Sound Pressure Level (SPL): 165 dB (154 dBA) at 6 feet
- Peak Illumination: 0.6 klx seconds at 11.2 feet
- $3000.00 each (includes 50 bursting caps, 50 CO2 cylinders, 5 batteries, one reload tool)
- $10,000/set of 4 (includes 200 bursting caps, 200 CO2 cylinders, 20 batteries, four reloading tools)
NPDD Estimated Cost per Use:
- First 50 Uses: $60.00/Use
- Continued Use: $12.50/Use (in expendables)
*CR123A 3-Volt Lithium Battery
Demo units are also available, call 303-795-8106 to reserve!
Lead Time: 12 weeks
For use in potentially explosive environments
- Maritime operations
- Military operations
- Special forces operations
- Local law enforcement
30 day Manufacturer Warranty – Guaranteed free from manufacturer defects for 30 days.
“Crash Replacement” Warranty – User-damaged devices can be returned for discounted repair. Email email@example.com for RMA. Pricing varies based on damage. Contact our Service Department for repair estimates.
Disclaimer – All purchasers must be verified Military or Law Enforcement. Please use discretion when using this product. User and all surrounding personnel should have proper eye protection and ear protection prior to using the NPDD. This product is intended for training or tactical use. Buyer / User assumes 100% responsibility for product use. By purchasing this product you agree to hold Applied Research Associates, Inc. (ARA), ARA staff and employees harmless of any injuries, issues, or negative effects resulting from use of this product.