M-RAK Platform Base Controller
The M-RAK Platform Base Controller is a low cost ROS and JAUS interface between the vehicle and tele-operated or autonomous control
ARA’s Platform Base Controller (PBC) allows providers of autonomy or remote operations equipment to control equipped vehicles via a simple Robotic Operating System (ROS) or Joint Architecture for Unmanned Systems (JAUS) interface. The PBC has an onboard vehicle ‘model’ that interprets ROS and JAUS messages, and converts them into vehicle specific motions. With the PBC equipped, the platform is truly robot ready.
The PBC directly interfaces with CAN controlled vehicles. Vehicles with other digital, analog, or manual controls are interfaced with an optional breakout controller.
The PBC is a required system component for robotic control with our Tele-Op and Autonomy packages (links to other pages)
The PBC is found in the military, on construction vehicles, and in forestry. The vehicles supported by the PBC grow every year! Please call with your application to see if the PBC is a fit for your project. The complete list of features are:
- Accepts ROS + JAUS commands for vehicle control
- Provides vehicle specific feedback
- Onboard power management system provides 5 minutes of power during brownout situations (e.g., vehicle starter engaged)
- Optional authentication protects proprietary messages and locks out hackers
- Platform Base Controller
- Pigtail R&D Cable
- Interface Documentation
- 8¼in. x 6¼in. x 2in.
- Protected against dust and water ingress
- Vibration resistant
- 12V or 24V Input
See interface documents for communication structures
- OEM equipment to vehicle manufacturers to enable a robot ready product
- (Coupled with our Tele-op or Autonomy packages) Enable remote or autonomous operations in traditionally dangerous fields
- Environmental and hazardous material remediation
- Enable robotic researchers to focus on autonomy