FiRST Windows PC Application (FREE 14-Day Trial)
FiRST provides First Responders, Emergency Managers and associated government officials easy access to map-based improvised explosive device (IED) standoff distances and HAZMAT spill evacuation areas. FiRST is available on Windows, Android and iOS (iPhone/iPad) platforms; mobile platform versions of FiRST are available from GooglePlay and Apple AppStore.
FiRST IED and hazmat standoff data is based on the 2016 Emergency Response Guidebook (ERG) developed jointly by Transport Canada (TC), the U.S. Department of Transportation (DOT), the Secretariat of Transport and Communications of Mexico (SCT) and with the collaboration of CIQUIME (Centro de Información Química para Emergencias) of Argentina. The IED range-to-effect data is based on the FEMA 426, Reference Manual to Mitigate Potential Terrorist Attacks Against Buildings.
Technical Support for FiRST is available...
|By phone:||1-919-582-3300, 8:30-4:30 EST, M - F|
|Support information available at:||www.firstsupporttools.com|
|By mail:||FiRST Technical Support
8537 Six Forks Road, Suite 600
Raleigh, NC 27614
Features of the Windows PC software include:
- Display IED Mandatory Evacuation and Shelter-in-Place Zones for 8 pre-defined bomb sizes
- Define custom IED types and standoff distances
- Display Isolation Zones and down-wind Protection Zones for over 3,000 chemicals
- Display distance to glass breakage, injury, and structural damage based on pre-defined bomb sizes
- Information displayed on ESRI World Imagery and Open Street Maps, with functionality to zoom, search by address, and map/satellite/hybrid views
- Automatically retrieve current winds (Powered by WeatherBug ), or forecast wind direction from the National Weather Service (US only) or Meteorologisk Institutt (Worldwide); weather can also be user defined
- Search and display points of interest (schools, nurseries, hospitals, police/fire stations, and government facilities) from Google Search services to identify key facilities near the incident area
- Run roadblock analysis services to identify within seconds the optimal location of roadblocks to isolate an incident area
- Place and label points, lines and polygons on the map to identify key locations or response plans
- Send an automated summary of the incident (text, map image, map data shape and kml file attachments) in an email to other response personnel
- Includes reference material from the 2016 ERG and important chemical contacts for quick calling
- Store map images (including legends) for reference when connectivity prevents access to network maps
- Save and retrieve results