3D Blast provides quick calculation and visualization of the loads on different building shapes for an open-air explosion of a bare hemispherical charge. Given the dimensions of a building and the size and location of an explosive device, the program estimates the pressure and impulse distribution on the building facade and maps the results to the 3D model. The resulting model may be rotated to a desired orientation, zoomed in specific areas, zoomed out for perspective, and probed for loads at a selected location.
Specific features of 3D Blast include the ability to:
- Quickly develop models by selecting a building shape and dragging values on the building footprint
- Display results on a full color 3D model of the structure
- Create a report detailing the technical parameters and results including pictures of the 3D-load engulfment models
- Quickly switch between English and Metric units
- Interact with graphs (zoom, scale)
- Copy and/or print all output
The program currently contains nine building footprints for analysis:
- Licenses are issued to one individual person, not organization.
- Licenses allow for software to be installed on one primary computer (e.g., desktop).
- 2nd License for second computer (e.g., laptop) belonging to the same user may be purchased for an additional $50 (excluding A.T.‐BLAST).
- License will expire after one year after activation of the software and will be available for annual renewal, excluding A.T.-BLAST.
Annual license includes installation support and program maintenance only.
Annual support includes program operation support only, not design and analysis guidance.