Integrated Base Defense Security System (IBDSS)
Wide Area Intrusion Detection, Assessment and Communications
ARA's Integrated Base Defense Security System (IBDSS) provides state-of-the-art protection of resources, personnel, and critical infrastructure.
IBDSS is scalable to provide all-weather, day/night wide area intrusion detection and immediate visual assessment, integrating ARA-recommended or user specified intrusion detections systems such as:
- Ground based radars such as ICx STS 350, 700, 1400, DRS MSTAR
- Mobile, deployable detection capability such as RAPID™
- Buried leaky coaxial system such as OmniTrax
- Fiber Optic Intrusion Detection System (FOIDS)
- Video motion detection
- Balanced magnetic switches
- Volumetric sensors/motion detectors
- Existing legacy systems
IBDSS combines the latest in detection and assessment technology using FIPS 140-2 validated components that can be Defense Information Assurance Certification and Accreditation Process (DIACAP) certified to connect directly to the Global Information Grid (GIG) or installation network.
IBDSS can operate as a standalone system or can be integrated with existing annunciators such as Vindicator, Advantor, or Diebold. IBDSS integrates the detection and assessment capabilities to provide a real time, complete operational picture for the response force coordinators, additional/higher level command centers, and response vehicles.
In addition, IBDSS is IPv6 capable and integrates secure wireless and broadband communications which can reduce infrastructure costs. Our systems allow resource owners the ability to detect, distinguish, communicate, and direct personnel to counter threats to resources while meeting information assurance requirements.
> Download Integrated Base Defense Brochure (PDF 415 kb)
ARA's IBDSS solution includes:
Remote Automated Intrusion Detection System (RAIDS) - RAIDS is the command and control
"nerve center" of IBDSS. It provides the man machine interface between the response force coordinator
and the intrusion detection and assessment systems.
- Enhances security protection in pre-defined areas and notifies operators when those areas are entered.
- Displays intrusion detections on a user-friendly Geographic Information System (GIS) based graphic interface, providing location and direction
of multiple targets.
- Automatically cues and slews assessment cameras to alarm points allowing the response force coordinator to simultaneously track
and visually monitor multiple threats.
- Video allows security personnel to make accurate situational assessments and to direct timely, appropriate responses to threats.
- Recording capability provides visual documentation for crucial, post-incident investigations and legal proceedings.
- RAIDS is currently undergoing DIACAP certification.
Secure Wireless Backbone (SWiB) - The SWiB is a communications backbone capable of providing multi-path, redundant communications between the IBDSS nodes.
- SWiB provides an alternative to hardwired, infrastructure-intensive installations.
- Wirelessly transmits and receives data streams from remote sensor locations and other IBDSS nodes
- High-bandwidth (100Mbps)
- Secure links via FIPS 140-2 validated wireless devices, with 99.999% uptime
- Quality of Service (QoS) for traffic prioritization
- More cost effective solution in most situations
- SWiB is currently undergoing DIACAP certification.
Remote Sensor Interface Node (RESIN) - RESIN is a collection of sensors, including cameras, radars, and other intrusion
detection & assessment hardware used to stream traffic back to a centralized command and control suite (RAIDS).
- Encrypts the data to FIPS 140-2 standards.
- Transmits the encrypted data to RAIDS via hardwired or wireless connections (SWiB).
- Houses infrastructure elements for connected sensor and communication components
(e.g. power supplies and controllers for radars or cameras).
- RESIN’s sealed, environmentally-controlled enclosure decreases maintenance requirements, thus increasing
reliability and system operational availability.
- RESIN is currently undergoing DIACAP certification.
Remote Automated Portable Intrusion Detection System (RAPID) - RAPID is ARA's cost-effective and highly capable, mobile surveillance capability for wide area intrusion detection that can be integrated into the IBDSS.
- Self-contained security enhancement system for defined areas
- Advanced power management system with hardwired, solar/battery, and generator options
- Universal radar/camera mounting platform, supporting multiple sensor types
- Capable of monitoring activity on areas such as military bases, airfields, ports, power plants
and other critical infrastructure
- Quickly moved between locations providing flexibility for changing security needs
- Built on an 8’ long, commercially available trailer, towable by ¼ ton truck, built-in brake system
- Meets Department of Transportation requirements for operation on US highway system
- Suitable for C-130 air-transport (size, weight, tie-downs)
>> Learn more about the RAPID Mobile Surveillance System
ARA's Security Solutions:
ARA provides end-to-end solutions to security problems. An industry leading research and development background allows us to create innovative solutions to many of today’s toughest protection dilemmas. We provide Risk Analysis, Conceptual Security System Designs, Final Designs, Security System Installation & Integration and Contractor Logistics Maintenance to ensure installed systems remain mission ready.
For inquiries on ARA's Security Solutions contact us at: 757-638-4900 ext. 27 or email: email@example.com