Capabilities & Services
The Pecos Research and Testing Center (RTC) is the ideal location for a broad range of academic and applied research testing.
The 5,800 acre complex features nine distinct test tracks, a full range of support facilities, and available acreage for projects requiring either open land or custom facilities.
The Pecos RTC provides the ability to perform and support many areas of transportation research and testing including vehicle, tire, and component testing; safety and environment; pavements; human factors; intelligent transportation systems; retroreflectivity; air quality; and vegetation management. And with 5,800 acres, the Pecos RTC can conduct and support other types of research and testing in a remote environment far from urban sprawl.
- 5,800 acres
- Average of 360 clear days per year
- 9 mile, 3 lane circular track for speeds up to 200 mph
- 10.1 mile El Camino road course
- Twelve 600 foot skid pads with skid numbers (SN40 ribbed tire) ranging from about 20 to 70 and capable of being flooded with water. Each has a 1.5 mile acceleration/deceleration road to accommodate high-speed testing.
- Off-road courses that include crushed rock, gravel, caliches, and cutting stone surfaces
- Structure durability loop
- 1,000 foot Belgium-block course
- 1.2 mile serpentine road course
- Lateral acceleration circles
- 400 foot city course squares
- Salt bath pit
- Magic hill climb
- Office and laboratory space
- High bay garages
ARA has 71 offices in the United States and in Canada, some of which have:
- SEI CMMI Certification
- Manufacturing/Prototyping Facilities
- Testing Facilities
- Ablatives Laboratory - Centennial, CO
- JTEC Prototyping Facility - Guernsey, WY
- Manufacturing/Prototyping Facility - Randolph, VT