Capabilities & Services
ARA and The New Mexico Institute of Mining and Technology (NMT) have entered into a Test Site Use and Teaming Agreement for joint and collaborative energetic materials testing and evaluation and for the setup and operation of an ARA test site. The ARA test site is located on the Energetic Material Research Test Center's (EMRTC) firing range immediately west of Socorro (EMRTC is a research entity of NMT).
The ARA testing area, designated as the Large Scale Test Site (LSTS), offers the following capabilities:
- Explosive weight in excess of 5,000 punster sites available up to 20,000 pounds
- An initial 300 foot diameter firing arena to 500-1000 feet depending on test requirements/schedules
- A buried, hardened timing and firing bunker's 2 foot by 18 foot with 1 inch thick steel walls
- Installed instrumentation and firing lines at three separate locations around the firing site
- Three-phase commercial power to the bunker and the perimeter of the 300 foot firing area for high-speed cameras, etc.
- Multiple telephone lines to the bunker for voice and data transmission
- Explosive storage capability for tens of thousands of pounds
- Explosive handling and firing
- Test site security
ARA has 71 offices in the United States and in Canada, some of which have:
- SEI CMMI Certification
- Manufacturing/Prototyping Facilities
- Testing Facilities
- Ablatives Laboratory - Centennial, CO
- JTEC Prototyping Facility - Guernsey, WY
- Manufacturing/Prototyping Facility - Randolph, VT
Divisions / Offices
Socorro Large-scale Test Site
Call 601-638-5401 for more information.