ARA has released HAZMAT Evac for Android! Since the application's initial release on iTunes (for iPhone and iPad devices) in January, ARA has sold nearly 500 applications. Now with the Android version, the HAZMAT Evac is available for more than 60 percent of the smart phone market.
HAZMAT Evac is a tool designed for the first-responder and emergency management communities to provide quick, simple, HAZMAT spill evacuation and response information. The application displays the Isolation and Protection Zones in accordance with the 2008 Emergency Response Guidebook (ERG).
- Displays isolation and protection zones overlaid on Google Maps
- Provides access to approximately 3,300 materials; allows sorting alphabetically and by chemical number, user-defined search text and filtering by user-defined favorites
- Incorporates wind direction from the U.S. National Weather Service (U.S. locations) or Meteorologisk Institutt (worldwide), or by user-specified wind direction
- Gives incident location via address lookup, GPS location, coordinate input or through a map interface
- Automatically creates e-mail capturing incident details, map image and zone shapefiles and KML files for the user to send without leaving the application, providing a shared understanding across all incident personnel
- Allows shapefile and KML files to be easily imported into other map applications like WebEOC or Google Earth
- Includes ERG reference information for easy access and provides in-app contact list for direct calling all contacts listed in the 2008 ERG
For inquiries on HAZMAT Evac, please contact Dr. Carl Jerrett (email@example.com, 919-582-3300).