Awards and Recognition
With our passion for outstanding service and engineering excellence, ARA has a long history of excellence that has earned the company and its employees state and national accolades. We are proud to be recognized for:
- ARA’s Southeast Division (SED), headquartered in Raleigh, N.C., has reconfirmed its strength with proven processes that deliver greater value to customers while minimizing risks. In an independent appraisal, SED was successfully renewed at the CMMI Institute’s Capability Maturity Model Integration Maturity Level 3 for Development (CMMI®-DEV). It measures best practices for the full product development lifecycle.
- “The best small business utilization program we have seen” is how federal auditors described ARA’s Small Business program. Auditors from the Defense Contract Management Agency (DCMA) and the Small Business Administration (SBA) granted ARA a “Highly Successful” rating – up considerably from our previous “Adequate.” The new rating follows ARA’s over-and-above effort to use small businesses. DCMA provides ARA’s review to government customers with pre-award requests.
- ARA was honored to receive the 2012 William J. Perry Award as a partner on the Massive Ordnance Penetrator (MOP) program team. Awarded annually, the award recognizes public or private sector leadership or achievement that results in significant contributions to the development, introduction, or support of precision strike systems.
- On more than one occasion ARA has been awarded the prestigious Nunn-Perry Award for our small-business mentor-protégé relationship based on quantitative program performance metrics that favorably impact and enhance Department of Defense mission requirements.
- Multiple times ARA has earned top honors at the New Mexico Technology Flying 40 Awards and placed first in a ranking of New Mexico's top revenue-producing technology companies regardless of revenue growth. ARA has placed at or near the top of Flying 40's list of the top 10 revenue-producing companies for more than a decade.
- ARA's 2010 Chairman Emeritus was awarded the Ronald Reagan Missile Defense Award for his many years of work in the field of missile defense, ranging from his days at Bell Laboratories to his tenure as the Director of the Strategic Defense Initiative (SDI) Organization and his involvement in the High Frontier organization.
- Three ARA engineers, along with an ARA retiree, were honored by the Principal Deputy Director, Defense Research and Engineering of the Department of Defense, at the Pentagon's Hall of Heroes in Arlington, VA, for their work in Performance Prediction Capability for Enhanced Blast Explosive Technology with an achievement award from The Technical Cooperation Program (TTCP).
- An ARA employee was selected as the Maryland State Highway, Office of Materials Technology Consultant of the Year for 2009. His work in developing, installing, and applying ARA's RoadCare software and the development of pavement performance models were significant contributors to his recognition for outstanding work for the MDSHA.
- Since 2005 Virtual Heroes, a division of ARA was named a Military Training Technology (MT2) Top 100company. The annual MT2 Top 100 is a list of companies that have made a significant impact in the military training industry in the areas of distance learning, live training, modeling, gaming, information retention, simulators, or any other training component.
To find out how you can be part of an ARA award-winning team, contact your local ARA office or email email@example.com.